Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby Hat - Done!

Couple of weeks ago I finished a pair of baby crossover booties designed by Ceradka and now I finally have a matching hat to go with them.

Image by craftcookie
This time I used a free pattern I found on randomstitches which turned out to be very easy and fast to knit. The whole project took around 4 hours including some time for size adjustment.

Materials: 
- set of 5 size 4.5 double-point needles
- 4.5 hook for the crochet flower
- Impeccable worsted yarn by Loops & Threads

Pattern:
I changed the number of of stitches from 64 to 56 and used different needle size to get a hat for a newborn baby (the original pattern is suitable for an infant). So at the end I got 13 cm (~5 inches) depth and 32 cm (12.6 inches) circumference.

Pattern Review: 
I will definitely put the baby hat pattern by randomstitches in my library of knit basics. It's very clear and it even contains instructions on how to knit an i-cord. It's easily customizable and it gives you endless opportunities when it comes to sizes, knitting stitches, colors and embellishments. In the end it will give you a beautiful, finished project in no time.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...